Sunday 18 September 2011

Homemade therapy

I recall many years ago that when I felt down unhappy and worried I would come home from school and throw my arms around my dog " Tammy" neck and snuggle into her, I felt safe and secure nestled into her neck and there I would tell her all my woes and worrys and feel 100% better.
Sadly when I turned 19 and had left home and started a family I didn't see Tammy as much but always knew if I needed my dog she would be there.
Tammy became unwell a year or so after I left home she had a cancer growth on her side which seemed to be sapping all her goodness, so after long chats with my mum and siblings mum decided the kinder act would be to put Tammy to sleep.
We all went to the vet and said our goodbyes I stayed and watched my best friend my 4 legged sister slowly and peacefully slip into the sleep of no return.
The hole in my heart that Tammy left will never be completely healed and at times of distress I picture in my minds eye my Tammy my best friend.
Nowadays I have after all these years of feeling will I ever find another friend as understanding as Tammy I finally found one .
I was in need of him and he in need of me he has been with me 9 months now and he reminds me of Tammy, his name is Dundee he is a 14'3 gelding horse who ticks all the homemade therapy boxes ( plus a few extra) he let's me groom him ride him pamper him and most important of all snuggle deep into his huge neck breath him in and feel safe and happy- god bless animals and their power of healing and homemade therapy :-)

1 comment:

  1. : Pak job Ads and advertisements for Karachi,Lahore,Quetta,Peshawar,Multan,Hyderabad,Rawalpindi,Islamabad and http://allpkjobz.blogspot.com all cities of Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete