Sunday 15 August 2010

Smells that remind you ..

Smells that remind you ... There are severalSmells and scents that remind me of many things from my past as a child and teenager such as - the smell of rain on hot concrete, fresh cut grass, line dried washing. Jasmine, honeysuckle, blossom on the evening breeze, the smellOf paint on a summers day when all the windows were flung open wide so the freshly decorated room could dry before bedtime, the scent of hay, carrots, apple for our rabbits at tea time.ImSure there are many many more that have faded from my memory over the years but I think of all of them my favourite was the smell of my mum she had a warmSnuggly smell that only mums have a safe smell, I used to pinch my mums nightie at bedtime so I could cuddle it and smell her it was like she was cuddling me to sleep all night. Iv always been amazed at how a smell can trigger a memory deep in your mind that hasnt been unlocked for years - some smells bring happy reminders some not so happy but whatever it reminds you of it is a very interesting thing that smells trigger memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment